"Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision." --Andrew Carnegie
The TASO team is made up of first and foremost, the clients who are the reason for the organisation's continued existence. Secondly the Founder members who continue to provide guidance to the organisation, third the Board of Trustees for their advisory role and finally the staff and volunteers who implement the programmes. Each group plays a role in the TASO Family to ensure that targets are set and achieved throughout the year.
TASO Founder members and the Board of Trustees play a vital role in ensuring that TASO is still in existence and still at the forefront of fighting against HIV and AIDS in Uganda. Every quarter they form a team that goes out to the different TASO units for support visits.
In 2018, the first visit was conducted from the 18 to 22 February 2018, a team comprising of two founder members - Mama Maria Kakeeto Lukubo and Kojja Peter Ssebbanja, two Clients Representatives to the TASO Board of Trustees - Ms. Betty Oker and Mr. Yorkson Okoth - and a member of staff from the Advocacy unit - Ms. Molly Rwankore - carried out site support visits to the Centers of Masaka, Mbarara and Rukungiri.
During these visits the team met with clients, volunteers and staff. The Objectives of the visits were to;
· Review staff knowledge in respect to TASO's Vision, Mission and Values as a bedrock for quality health service provision to clients.
· Motivate staff through a dialogue session.
· Discuss current challenges that might hinder quality service provision to clients with staff and volunteers especially expert clients.
· Enable the new Board Of Trustees client representatives need to meet clients they represent, so as to share specific clients concerns as well as share good practices.
· Sensitize and motivate Clients and staff on the importance of paying membership for future sustainability.
The next Centers to be visited are Entebbe, Masindi and Gulu from 7 to 11 May 2018.