Finding solutions to global health challenges through innovation for health
Did you know that one day we might have artificial "human" blood? This and more were topics for discussion during the first ever Health Innovation Conference was held on 23rd March 2018 at Imperial royale hotel in Kampala. Organised by the Ugandan Academy for Health Innovation and Impact, this conference brought together the brains behind most of the HIV health insitutions in Uganda.
Members of the TASO Family who participated included;
- TASO Founder member Prof. Elly Katabira - who opened the Conference.
- The Executive Director - Dr. Etukoit Michael - who is a board member at the Ugandan Academy and participated in a panel discussion compirised of heads of Insitutions such as Ministry of Health, CDC, JCRC and CHAIN.
- Former TASO Executive Director - Dr. Alex Coutinho - who gave the keynote address.
- Ag. Coordinator TACHS - Dr. Miya Yunus who made an oral presentation of the TASO Experiential Attachment Mentorship (TEAM) project.
- Oroma Alan Denis - who had a poster presentation on assessment of TASO's interventions at moonlight clinics in Gulu Municipality.